Thursday, September 17, 2009

The beginning plus weeks one-three Part 1

Hello, and thanks for reading this blog. I am currently a practicum student at Liberty High School. I am in a government and government with a co-op classes. My pre-service mentor teacher is "Mrs. HT" while my co-op for two period is "Mr.L"
Two of the classes out of the your I attend have Mr. L as the co-op class due to a good amount of students in there with learning disabilities.

The first several weeks of the class are review. The first week in class was going over what was expected of the students though no formal syllabus has been given the day of this writing. Students also took part in a U.S. citzenship test and 50 states test. The 50 states test was an eye opener for me. The ideas I had for teaching the class had to be modified because I had dreams of debates and heated discussions, but I realized that may not happen the way I wanted. This was something that I revisit when I started teaching for the first time, which will be in another blog.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment